skip to nav skip to content
So many of my Facebook friends have been posting the things they're thankful for - one thing each day for 30 days. I didn't do that. SO, I am going to do that right now.
Keep in mind, I'm not thinking about this in advance and my 30 things are in no particular order. It's just as they're popping into my mind. At this point I have no idea what I'm going to be thankful for by #30!
1. My Job. Since I'm sitting here at my desk it makes sense to start there. I love my job.
2. The KFDI Listeners. We just finished Day Two of our Christmas Crusade and you all make me so proud every year.
3. I'm thankful that so many kids will get presents because of #2.
4. My DOG BUDDY! If you know one thing about me, you know how much I love my dog. I'm thankful for him every day.
5. My cat Bobby. I talk about Buddy all the time, but Bob is a great guy too.
6. My family. They are truly THE BEST. And they really should be number one, but I ain't going back and changing anything. They make me laugh. They are always there when I need to talk and everyone of them always has my back.
7. My Dad. I guess I could include him with #6 but he died 19 years ago. I can't believe that's even possible. But there isn't a day that goes by that I'm not thankful that he was my Dad (and if feels like he still is).
8. Eric Church. Enough said. I love him.
9. Pasta. If someone told me I had to give up pasta I don't know what I'd do.
10. My new car! It kicks butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11. My friends. I have some of the most amazing friends ever.
12. Mosley Street Melodrama. I love writing for them and if you're ever there check out who is bartending, it might just be me.
13. My DVR. I really am thankful for it and I always say, it's life changing.
14. OH and speaking of life-changing - I love my Galaxy S II as well. One day I hope to get an S III like my two sisters have.
15. The Warren Theaters. What a great place to watch a movie. We are super lucky here in Wichita to have theaters like that.
16. The KFDI CRUISE! I guess that might go under "my job" but I love that I get to take a cruise every year with so many of my friends. AND I've made so many friends going on the cruise every year too. Love it.
17. Amazon.com - it makes Christmas shopping super easy.
18. I am thankful for my KINDLE. I didn't think I would love reading books on a Kindle but I really do.
19. Abe Lincoln.
20. Road Trips. Abe Lincoln made me think of a road trip I'm going to take with my friend James for our birthday (and we have the exact same birthday) in April. We're going to Springfield, IL for our Abe-cation. (And yes, that is what we call it.)
21. The Chicago Cubs. I can't tell you how many wonderful days I have spent at Wrigley Field. My favorite place on earth.
22. I would be more thankful if the Chicago Cubs had a winning team.
23. The Dog Park. I love taking Buddy there.
24. OH! SEDGWICK COUNTY PARK! I think it's one of the best parks in the world. Period. If you don't go a couple times a month you really should. Buddy and I go every Sunday.
25. #23 and #24 make me think of how thankful I am for dog walks. Not only do I get exercise and Buddy gets exercise but it's a great time to clear my head.
26. My health. I had a really serious health threat a year ago and there's not a day that goes by that I don't appreciate think about that and appreciate that it was caught in time. I'm so thankful I went to the doctor in time. GET YOUR COLONOSCOPY!
27. Facebook. I really love being able to keep up with WAY more people than I could otherwise. Especially when you have a job like mine...I'm able to stay in touch with lots of listeners that way.
28. I'm super thankful for this amazing weather. It makes #25 so much nicer.
29. I'm thankful for all the amazing opportunities I've had BECAUSE of my job. I've met so many incredible people and allowed me to do things I never would have been able to do.
30. Wichita. I love this city.
That's tough! I know I left out a bunch of things - but that is how everything came in my brain. :) Try it!