skip to nav skip to content
This has been a whirlwind!
Got in Sunday and got to bed at midnight and up and at 'em at 6:30...finally stopped for the day Monday at midnight. Back up yesterday at 6:30. Got to bed again at midnight and up today at 4:00 a.m. It's because Luke Bryan woke me up.
Actually his soundcheck woke me up! It was LOUD! He performed in Good Morning America this morning and they started the soundcheck WAY before the sun came up.
So, one this is for sure. i have had very little sleep while I've been here.
We did a total of 72 interviews in two days. That was nuts! Yesterday i did 40 interviews and that is definitely a record for me. Finished forty interviews and then went to four parties.
Party #1 - a listening party for Kelleigh Bannon's new CD. Which, by the way, sounds WAY different than her first songs they put out from her.
Party #2 - Gary Allan had a party at his clothing store, "The Label". GREAT clothes but way out of my price range.
Party #3 - Jerrod Niemann Listening Party - went and listening to some brand, brand new music from Jerrod Niemann and it is GREAT stuff. Heard a song called "Space" that I really hope becomes a single.
Party #4 - Broken Bow Pre-CMA Party. This is an annual party at the Hard Rock and they have several acts perform - last night it was Lindsay Ell (remember that name), Parmalee, Dustin Lynch, Kristi Lee Cook, Joe Nichols and Randy Houser. And all the artists mingled and hung out. Jason Aldean didn't perform but he was there and they presented him a four-time platinum award for "My Kinda Party"...FOUR MILLION. I would say Jason Aldean is doing alright.
Here are some random things:
* When you are watching Good Morning America and they say they are going "live" to Nashville. They aren't. It was so loud in my room that I new EVERY song Luke sang and when he sang it. Definitely not live.
* Kacey Musgraves was NOT feeling good during her interviews. Hope she feels better today because it is a big day for her!
* I met Gary Allan's grand-dog, Zorra. She's a six-month-old Labradoodle and is SO cute and well behaved. His daughter, Dallas, and I talked lots about dogs.
* I had a sing off on who could sound more like Randy Houser. But I think I shouldn't have played against Randy Houser and that was a bad idea. You can't win that.
* Kenny Rogers was moving pretty slowly. I couldn't believe he was not already in the Country Music Hall of Fame.
* Speaking of Kenny, he told me that recorded a new duet with Dolly and they found out the actual day they went in to record it was the same day that exactly 30 years ago they went to #1 with "Island in the Stream".
* Yesterday was Tall Guy Day. FGL guys are tall, Brothers Osborne, tall. Brett Eldredge, tall. But the tallest of all is definitely Eric Paslay. He looks like he's eight-foot tall to me. (Actually, I bet he's 6'8)
* Sara Evans has 300-400 pairs of shoes. Currently. And she says she always donates shoes to charities. And clothes too.
* I met the guy who plays Gunner on "Nashville" and he is TOTALLY British. The first time he had ever been to the U.S. was AFTER he was cast in the show. (I LOVED talking to him)
* I met Mountain Man from Duck Dynasty and think I had the longest sustained laugh I have had in a long time. Just know that the song "Dead Deer Parade" on his new CD is based on a true story.
* Everyone in the room yesterday and I mean EVERYONE was super excited to meet Mountain Man.
* I asked Mountain Man if I call him Mountain Man or if he actually has a name and he said "You can call me Mountain Man".
* Darius Rucker was totally surprised to be asked to sing at the Kenny Rogers tribute on the CMAs as well as his Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony. He said he grew up listening to Kenny and figured someone must have heard that.
* Craig Morgan and his son just got back from an Anarctic Sledding Expedition. Poor guy obviously never does anything interesting.
It has been a crazy few days here.Very little sleep. Lots of talking and I'm losing my voice today but I am so grateful to do what I do.
THANK YOU for letting me share it with YOU!