Miranda's recipe for Blake's favorite Peanut Butter Pie
Blake Shelton's favorite pie is Miranda's Peanut Butter Pie. Miranda says Blake requests she make it for him every year. She shares the recipe for the "Blake" in your family.
Miranda Lambert's Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 9-in. refrigerated ready-to-use piecrust
- ¾ c. sugar
- ⅓ c. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 c. whole milk
- 4 lg. egg yolks, lightly beaten
- ¾ c. peanut butter (preferably crunchy)
- 3 Tbsp. butter, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- Freshly whipped sweetened heavy cream, for serving
- Chopped peanuts, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Place piecrust in 9-in. pie plate; bake as label directs for one-crust pie shell.
2. In 4-quart saucepan, stir together sugar, cornstarch, and salt. In large bowl, whisk milk and egg yolks until blended; gradually whisk into sugar mixture. Heat on medium 6 to 7 minutes or until mixture thickens and boils, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute, stirring. Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter, butter, and vanilla until well blended.
3. Immediately pour peanut butter mixture into baked pie shell; press plastic wrap onto surface of filling. Refrigerate pie at least 4 hours or until well chilled and set.
4. To serve, top with whipped cream and garnish with chopped peanuts.