skip to nav skip to content
We learn some things about how we celebrate Christmas after a big survey just completed.
Does any of this surprise you? I think #2 was the biggest revelation.
Here are the top 7 highlights of the Great Christmas Survey:
1. It would take the average parents $1,400 to buy everything on their kid’s Christmas list.
2. The average person will lose about three pounds preparing for Christmas . . . but will gain about six pounds by the end of the year.
3. 3% of Americans who celebrate Christmas won’t be exchanging gifts.
4. 95% of Americans celebrate Christmas . . . but only 62% of Americans will go to church on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.
5. 62% of people say they’ll read your whole long Christmas letter, 24% will at least skim it . . . and 14% apparently don’t care what your family has accomplished this year.
6. The majority of people say hosting Christmas is more stressful than going to the dentist.
7. And finally, 6% of people say they’d rather be alone in a desert than at home with their family on Christmas.