skip to nav skip to content
Sedgwick County firefighters responded to the scene of a house fire early 4th of July morning in Park City. The fire was reported around 1 o'clock in the morning at 6310 N. Upchurch on the east side of the town.
When crews arrived they found a truck on fire in the front driveway along with the front of the home. County Fire Division Chief Eddie Fajardo said the fire burned through the garage and into the eaves and attic area of the home.
Three people were inside the home when the fire broke. Fajardo said they were awoken by the sound of exploding tires.
They were able to escape safely along with the family dog.
Chief Fajardo said the cause was improperly disposed of spent fireworks. He says spent fireworks should be soaked down with water and then stored away from the home.
A damage estimate wasn't available at the scene.