skip to nav skip to content
Wichita firefighters were called to a house fire at 1244 N. Cleveland at 5:23 p.m. Friday.
Fire investigators believe the fire originated in an electrical socket.
The fire made its way into the walls on the first and second floors of the home and caused roughly $3,000 in damage.
Nine people, including five children, were at home when the fire broke out, but all escaped safely and there were no reports of injuries. Firefighters had to rotate in and out of the house in brief shifts because of temperatures that were hovering around 105 degrees.
The American Red Cross was called to the scene to assist the family.