skip to nav skip to content
An accidental fire broke out around an air conditioning unit that sent a woman to the hospital.
It happened around 1 p.m. Sunday in the 400 block of South Laura. Fire Investigations Cpt. Stewart Bevis said the unit was connected to a power strip with an extention cord that was covered with blankets and other conbustable materials.
Damage was estimated at $45,000 to the home. The woman was treated and released from the hospital for smoke inhalation.
No word on the condition of several of the woman's cats.