skip to nav skip to content
A Wichita boy is expected to recover from injuries after setting his clothes on fire.
It happened about 7 p.m. Monday in the 400 block of Green. Fire Investigations Cpt. Stu Bevis said the boy was playing with a lighter and caught his clothes on fire in the bathroom. A fire investigator talked with the boy at the hospital to confirm the story.
The boy was supposed to be taking a bath, but instead began playing with a lighter. The boy's grandmother got the fire put out. The boy was taken to Via Christi on St. Francis in serious condition with burns to the chest and stomach. Cpt. Bevis said there was no property damage.