skip to nav skip to content
Wichita firefighters were able to put out a house fire at 2244 S. Washington early this morning.
For a while, firefighters had to step out of the home because it was too dangerous for them to work inside. A hose burst, which also caused some concerns. No one was hurt.
Firefighters were sent to the house fire after 6 a.m. Crews found smoke and flames coming from an attic area. When conditions worsened, supervisors called for firefighters to fight "defensively" from the outside.