skip to nav skip to content
High flames and heavy smoke forced the Wichita Fire Department to bring in additional firefighters to battle a fire at a west Wichita catering business.
The first wave of firefighters began to fight the fire on the exterior of the building, located at Kellogg and Hoover, around 10:30 p.m.
"The main body of the fire is under an awning, which contains a smoker and so forth with some meat products in it, and some other types of roasting equipment and so forth on the outside," said Deputy Chief Tammy Snow.
Snow said the cooking equipment was in the area most damaged by the flames, but it is unclear if it sparked the fire.
"On the actual structure itself, there is about $20,000 worth of damage, and on the contents, another $20,000," she said. "There are some vehicles butted up to the building. They look like they have a little bit of exposure damage to them, too."
Snow said the interior operations are likely still usable.
No one was injured.