skip to nav skip to content
Bridgeport Elementary school at 3501 N. St. Francis was a casualty of urban renewal when it was shut down in 1975.
The school opened in 1912 for students in north Wichita, but the immediate neighborhood surrounding the school campus slowly evolved from residential to industrial, and the building was sold.
This weekend, former students, families and staff of the old school are holding a reunion with a potluck meal and plenty of storytelling.
The old property has changed hands several times over the past 37 years, and is now owned by Bud Palmer, who is in the process of renovating it.