skip to nav skip to content
Smoldering rags caused a commotion in Old Town at the Oeno Wine Bar.
The Wichita Fire Department found a light haze of smoke in the building in the 300 block of N. Mead just after noon.
"It took quite a bit of investigation to dig around and find where it was coming from," said Fire Investigations Captain Stuart Bevis. "In a back storage room, we found some rags that were smoldering."
Bevis said there was no damage to the building, other than a pungent smell that lingered.
"It was all pretty much limited to the rags that were burned," he said. "It was just a really nasty, acidic scent odor.
"It's still fairly strong, especially back in the back store room."
The health department was called in to check over products.