skip to nav skip to content
An amateur chemist was booked into jail Thursday night for arson after he accidentally started a fire by mixing chemicals in his motel room.
A resident of the Auto Motel at 1230 North Broadway called 911 at about 11 p.m. after seeing a flaming object thrown from a window. Another person then saw a man and woman quickly leave the area.
Police called in the bomb squad and the fire department to assess the situation. They found that the man was just experimenting with the chemicals and he was not attempting to manufacture methamphetamine.
Police arrested a 58-year-old man. They also questioned a 37-year-old woman. There were no injuries.