skip to nav skip to content
A woman escaped with only minor smoke inhalation after a house fire in east Wichita Thursday morning.
The fire broke out around 10:30 a.m. in the Raintree Village development in the 7700 block of East 13th.
Crews were able to quickly contain a small fire in the back of the house. Investigators say the fire started in a pantry area, where an ash tray had been dumped into a wastebasket. The resulting fire caused less than $2,000 in damage.
The woman was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation she received as she was getting out of the house.