skip to nav skip to content
Wichita Fire Investigators now know what sparked a house fire at 620 North Kessler.
The Thursday morning fire started on a back deck of the home used to discard smoking materials. Heavy dark smoke could be seen for several miles. An elderly couple and daughter lived there.
Neighbors, Reagan Hunt, got the family out of the house, while Andrew Abbey, fought the fire with a garden hose, before firefighters arrived to finish the job. A family dog perished in the fire.
The accidental fire left $80,000 worth of damage to the home, its contents and a motorboat. The Red Cross was called to assist the family with shelter, food and clothes.