skip to nav skip to content
A west Wichita home was damaged by a fire that broke out in the chimney late Sunday afternoon. Our news partners at KWCH, Channel 12 say the fire was reported in the 1600 block of North Rutgers, which is near the intersection of 13th and Maize Road.
Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the chimney, but it caused almost $10,000 in damage. No one was hurt.
Firefighters say residents should make sure their chimneys are cleaned every year to prevent fires like this during the winter.
(photo courtesy KWCH)