skip to nav skip to content
Firefighters say an unattended fire on a kitchen stove caused a fire that left $3,000 in damage to a south Wichita mobile home. The residents told investigators they are confident that their dog had jumped up on the stove and turned the burners on, because he had done that before.
The fire was reported around 1:15 p.m. Monday in the 1900 block of West MacArthur. Wichita Fire Department Captain Jim Heath said crews found heavy smoke coming from the home.
Heath said a maintenance man at the mobile home park got into the home and rescued the dog.