Free lunches to be offered to youngsters during spring break
Volunteers are making needy kids in Wichita receive free lunches while school is out for spring break.
The Kansas Food Bank and Partners for Wichita are teaming up to serve food at 14 different sites, which is double the number of sites offered last spring. The program is called “Filling the Gap – Lunches for Kids”.
Box lunches are free for people 18 and youger. No registration is required. The lunches will be served from noon to 1 p.m.
Below is a list of lunch distribution sites:
- Stanley Neighborhood City Hall, 1749 S Martinson
- St. Anne Catholic Church, 2801 S. Seneca
- Evergreen Neighborhood City Hall, 2700 N. Woodland
- Fairview Christian Church, 1650 N. Fairview
- Inter-Faith Ministries Villa Court, 930 N. Market
- New Covenant Church, 1718 W. Douglas
- Victory Community of Faith, 812 S. Oliver
- Colvin Neighborhood City Hall, 2820 S. Roosevelt
- Lighthouse Community Church, 3407 E. 47th St. South
- Cross Point Baptist Church, 1515 E. Harry
- Atwater Neighborhood City Hall, 2755 E. 19th St.
- Urban League, 2418 E. Ninth St.
- Trueword Full Gospel Baptist, 1108 N. Oliver
- Grant Chapel, 2750 N. Hillside
Lighthouse Community Church and St. Anne Catholic Church will not serve lunches during in-service days on March 14 and 15.