Gasoline involved fire leaves two men in Wichita hospital
Two Hutchinson men remain in serious condition after a garage fire.
Hutchinson Fire Investigator Tony Arpin said the men used gasoline to start a wood burning stove that created vapors and flash fire, igniting their clothes. It happened at about 5 p.m. Sunday. Arpin said the men took their burning clothes off outside the garage and sparked a grass fire.
A neighbor saw what happened and called 911 to the 1200 block of East 4th Avenue.
"We packaged them as fast as we could and they were Lifewatched (flown by emergency helicopter) to Wichita," Arpin said.
The names of the burn patients have not been released.