The Kansas City Missouri Police Department is asking for prayers. In a post on their Facebook page Saturday, they say an officer ended his own life.
As of Saturday afternoon, the officer remained in the hospital on life support awaiting organ donation recipients. He was a KCPD officer for ten years. They have released no further details at this time.
If you or someone you know is contemplating suicide, there is help available:
- ComCare Crisis line: 316-660-7500
- Comcare Crisis Text Line: 741-741
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Veterans & Military Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 Press 1
- Trevor Life Line for LGBTQ: 866-488-7386
- Online chat at ImAlive.org