KFDI “THE VOICE” TAPING FLYAWAY
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- PROMOTION DATES
These rules (the “Official Rules”) govern the KFDI “THE VOICE” TAPING FLYAWAY (“Promotion”), which will begin at or around 6:01 am CT on Monday, March 5, 2018 and end by 10:00 am CT on Monday, March 26, 2018 (the “Promotion Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
a. The Promotion is open to all legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and who live within a 50 mile radius of Wichita, KS (the “Promotion Area”). To be eligible, you also must have a valid ID and be able to travel via air within the continental United States. Employees of Scripps Media, Inc., d/b/a KFDI-FM (the “Promoter” or “Station”), and of its corporate parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, of the advertising agencies and participating sponsors/promotional partners associated with this Promotion, and of the other broadcast radio and television stations in the Wichita metropolitan area, and the members of those employees’ immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings or children) or households (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited and outside the Promotion Area.
b. Only one Qualifier (defined below) per immediate family and household is permitted. Qualifiers are still eligible to win future promotions.
c. Entrants are required to provide truthful information, and Promoter will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. Promoter will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and Promoter will also delete any Internet entry knowingly received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and as otherwise required by law.
a. To participate in the Promotion, you may enter via the following methods:
VIA TELEPHONE – Starting Monday, March 5, 2018, for four consecutive Monday’s, during the Sweepstakes Period, listeners have the chance to qualify five times per day when the official “Voice” cue to call is announced or played on air. Qualifying Hours are Mon from 5am CT to 10am CT. Caller number 10 at (316) 436-1013 after each cue to call will be named a Qualifier, subject to verification of eligibility. At the time of their call entrants must provide all requested information, including, their first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, email address, telephone number, date of birth and Social Security Number. 20 Qualifiers will be solicited on-air.
4. CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO ALL ENTRIES
a. Entries submitted will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. All entry information must be accurate. Proof of submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Promoter. The Promotion administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Promotion.
b. One Qualifier per immediate family and household, and each person may claim no more than one Qualifier position. If it is discovered that Qualifiers live in the same household, the last to qualify will be disqualified.
5. QUALIFIER/WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Sponsor will select 20 qualifiers (each, a “Qualifier”) for the grand prize drawing (Winner Selection) which will be announced on air on Monday, March 26th, 2018 at or around 10am. Sponsor will select one Qualifier in a random drawing from among all qualified entries. Odds of being chosen as a Qualifier from the telephone method of entry depend on the number of callers for each cue to call.
- Phone Qualifiers will be advised of their qualifying status at the time of their call. Each potential Qualifier may be required, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a scan or photo of legal ID, Release of Liability and/or a Publicity Release before being allowed to participate in the Event. Noncompliance within this time period, failure to comply with the Official Rules (including eligibility requirements), and/or return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification. If the disqualified Qualifier entered via the Internet or on-location, an alternate potential Qualifier may be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries from that entry pool. All decisions of Promoter management with respect to the Promotion are final.
c. Qualifiers must be listening to KFDI on March 26, 2018 in the 9amhour for the Grand Prize Announcement. The Grand Prize winner will be selected at random from all qualified entries. Odds of winning the Grand Prize are no more than 1 in 20.
d. If the Grand Prize winner has not already completed
and returned an Affidavit of Eligibility, a scan or photo of legal ID, Release of Liability and/or a Publicity Release, Grand Prize winner may be required to do so prior to receipt of Grant Prize. If Grand Prize winner fails to do so by the deadline established by Sponsor or fails to comply with the Official Rules (including eligibility requirements),winner will be disqualified and the Grand Prize will be forfeited to the runner up from the reverse drawing. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will Promoter award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
a. One Grand Prize: A two night trip to Los Angeles for a TV taping of The Voice. Trip includes roundtrip airfare for two from Wichita (ICT) to Los Angeles (LAX). Two nights hotel accommodations (one standard room – double occupancy. Two tickets to see The Voice. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize $1,500.00. The show taping date is Tuesday 05/01/2018. Travel schedule: Depart likely April 30, with return on May 2. 2018.
- Qualifying Prizes: There are no qualifying prizes. Qualifier is simply signed-up to win the Grand Prize.
c. Use of “Voice” tickets is subject to all rules and restrictions of producer of the show. Sponsor and prize providers will not be responsible for weather, talent illness or other inability to perform, acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, strike, work stoppage, or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of all or a portion of the Festival and/or the Show, and the terms and conditions of the tickets will govern in such event. Sponsor will not replace lost, stolen or damaged prize tickets or similar items once they have been given to winner. If seats are assigned, seat location is in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
- If the actual retail value of the Grand Prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference, if any, will not be awarded to the winner. Grand Prize winner may be required to provide a valid major credit card or other acceptable form of payment, as determined in the hotel’s sole discretion, upon hotel check-in. All in-room charges, telephone calls, meals, beverages, hotel upgrades, amenities, personal incidentals and any other expenses charged to the Grand Prize winner’s hotel room will be charged to the Grand Prize winner’s credit card or deducted from the deposit provided. Airfare and hotel accommodations are subject to availability at time of booking. Neither Sponsor nor prize provider will be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the hotel or any other persons providing services and accommodations to Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize winner’s guest (and parent or legal guardian of guest who is a minor) may be required to sign a Statement of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release (the “Release") prior to accompanying Grand Prize winner on prize trip. Guest of Grand Prize winner must be 18 or older.
- If winner is unable to attend Show as applicable, prize will be forfeited. Prizes are awarded as-is. There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prize, except that Promoter may, at its sole discretion, substitute a prize of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and does not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Promoter is not responsible for winner’s limitations that prevent acceptance, use, or nonuse of prize. Entrants acknowledge that the Released Parties, as defined herein, have not made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranties, representations or guarantees, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties expressed or implied, in fact or in law, whether now or hereafter enacted concerning any prize, including without limitation, implied warranties of quality, merchantability, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose, except for any express manufacturer’s warranty as may be included with the prize or as may be separately provided to participants by law. Other restrictions may apply.
f. Any prize certificates or coupons are subject to the terms and conditions as set forth by the issuer of the certificate or coupon. Such certificates and coupons are not refundable or transferable, and may not be substituted or exchanged for cash or credit at any time, nor will such certificates or coupons be replaced if unused, lost, stolen, or damaged.
a. Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. Winner will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent including the winner’s full Social Security number for receipt of any prize valued at $600
or more or for any prizes awarded by Promoter in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
b. Participating in the Promotion and acceptance of prize constitutes each entrant’s and winner’s (and guest’s where applicable) permission for the Promoter or its agents to photograph, film, record that entrant, winner, or guest and to use his or her name, city, state, voice, or likeness, and any statements made by him or her regarding the Promotion or its sponsors for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
c. By entering, participating and/or accepting a prize in the Promotion, each entrant, winner, and guest if applicable, agrees not to sue and to release, discharge, indemnify, hold harmless, and absolve the Promoter, its sponsors and promotional partners, its advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, and representatives and the successors and assigns of each of them (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, suits, losses, expenses, costs, damages, and liabilities including, without limitation, interest, penalties, court costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Promotion, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Promotion, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity, including but not limited to any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
d. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION, OR PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED BY ENTRANT WITH REGARD TO THIS PROMOTION, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Promoter in connection with the Promotion will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Ohio or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Ohio. The courts of Ohio in Hamilton County will be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Official Rules and/or this Promotion. All participants and winners agree, by their participation in the Promotion, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Ohio in Hamilton County and waive the right to contest jurisdiction.
e. Promoter, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person (and all of their entries) from this Promotion if he or she tampers with the entry process, the operation of the Promotion, or the operation of Promoter’s web channel or is otherwise in violation of the Official Rules or direction of Promoter. If a dispute arises regarding compliance with these Official Rules, Sponsor may consider, in its sole discretion, data reasonably available to Sponsor through information technology systems in Sponsor’s control, but Sponsor will not be obligated to consider any data or other information collected from any other source. Promoter further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Internet portion of Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond the Promoter’s control, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Internet portion of the Promotion as determined by Promoter in is sole discretion. If Promoter does so, Promoter will pick the Internet Qualifier by random drawing from among eligible, non-suspect Internet entries received prior to the termination and will post notice of its action on the Promotion web site. Promoter further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the telephone portion of Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned or if
any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond the Promoter’s control, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the telephone portion of the Promotion as determined by Promoter in is sole discretion. If Promoter does so, Promoter will not pick additional telephone qualifiers after the termination and will announce its action on air.
f. For those viewing/listening to the Station stream on the Internet or other non-broadcast means: Please be advised that you may be listening to a delayed stream of the broadcast signal, which may vary depending on your computer’s memory capacity and your connection. For that reason, we strongly recommend that you turn on your radio to the Station to participate in this Promotion to be sure you are participating in “real time.” The Station assumes no responsibility for entrants not making timely phone calls to the Station as a result of the delays in the method of viewing/listening.
g. The Released Parties are not responsible for (1) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of a prize; (2) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the Internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures, telephone service outages, delays, dropped calls, or busy signals; or any other difficulties that may prevent an individual from entering or participating, or (3) lost, stolen, mangled, mis-delivered, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or late entries. Any failure by Promoter to enforce any of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules. If there is a conflict between any term of the Official Rules and any marketing or entry materials used in connection with the Promotion, the terms of these Official Rules will govern.
h. To obtain a copy of the Official Rules or the winners’ names following completion of the Promotion, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) specifying “Official Rules” or “Winners List” to KFDI VOICE FLYAWAY Winners List or Official Rules Request, 4200 N. Old Lawrence Rd. Wichita, KS 67219. A copy of the Official Rules and the winner’s name (when complete) are also available during regular business hours at KFDI 4200 N. Old Lawrence Rd. Wichita, KS 67219. All such requests must be received within 30 days following completion of the Promotion.
Scripps Media, Inc., d/b/a KFDI-FM, 4200 N. Old Lawrence Rd., Wichita, KS 67219.