KFDI Cash Trax – FALL 2018 OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
These rules (the “Official Rules”) govern the KFDI Cash Trax (“Promotion”) will begin at 12 am CT on October 10, 2018 and end by 11:59pm CT on November 9th, 2018. *KFDI reserves the right to extend the end date of promotion.
- a. The Promotion is open to all legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and who live within a 50 mile radius of Wichita, KS. Employees of Scripps Media, Inc., d/b/a KFDI-FM (Scripps Media, Inc.) (the “Promoter” or “Station”), its corporate parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, its advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other broadcasting stations in the Wichita metropolitan area, and the members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings or children) or households (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate or win. Void outside the United States, in NY, and where prohibited.
- b. Listeners may win a cash prize in the KFDI Cash Trax – Fall 2018 on-air contest only once. Only one winner (defined below) per immediate family and household is permitted and the winning individual must then wait 90 days before winning a Promoter contest or promotion, including ALL contests or promotions conducted on KFDI-FM.
- c. Entrants are required to provide truthful information, and Promoter will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. Promoter will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and Promoter will also delete any entry knowingly received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and as otherwise required by law.
- a. To participate in the Promotion, you may enter via the following method(s):VIA TELEPHONE – Wednesday October 10th, 2018 12:00am CT – Friday November 9th, 2018 11:59pm CT.
How to play via the telephone: Each weekday during the contest period, KFDI will ask for caller #20 at approximately 5:10 p.m to play KFDI Cash Trax. Once caller #20 is on the line, KFDI will ask for all the Cash Trax collected from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. KFDI will pay $100.00 for each correct title. When the cue-to -call is given, participants should call the KFDI Studio Line (316) 436-1013 to play.How to play KFDI Cash Trax:Each weekday from 7 a.m. through 4 p.m., KFDI will announce a KFDI Cash Track at *approximately :10 past each hour. The on-air DJ will clearly announce the title of the KFDI Cash Track. Participants should keep track of all the Cash Track titles. At *approximately 5:10 p.m., KFDI will solicit for caller #20. Participants who wish to play should dial (316) 436-1013. Caller #20 will have the opportunity to read back their list of KFDI Cash Trax. KFDI will pay $100.00 for each correct Cash Trax title up to a maximum of $1,000.00. At the time of their call entrants must provide all requested information, including, their first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip, telephone number, date of birth, and social security number.Additional contesting opportunities may be added beyond the designated end date without notice. KFDI reserves the right to cancel or reschedule contest plays without notice. In the event of severe weather, breaking news, emergency, equipment failure, or an event which would affect the station’s ability to conduct the contest as described in official rules, KFDI reserves the right to cancel or reschedule contest plays. In the event of severe weather, missed hourly KFDI Cash Trax will not be rescheduled. Should severe weather, breaking news, emergency, equipment failure, or an event which would affect the station’s ability to solicit a winner at or around 5:10 p.m. take place, the solicit will be rescheduled to the next weekday at approximately 6:10 in the morning.
It should be noted that the audio stream at kfdi.com may be delayed from the 101.3 KFDI- FM live broadcast due to buffering and some contest elements may not air identically on the web stream as they do on the live broadcast.
*:10 after is a target time to announce the KFDI Cash Trax. Because songs are different lengths, the contest window should be considered :05 to :15 after each hour. The KFDI Cash Trax will always be clearly identified.
- b. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. By submission of an entry, an entrant releases Facebook from any responsibility or liability for the Promotion, the Promotion’s administration, prizes, or promotion. You are providing entry information to the Station and not to Facebook.
CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO ALL ENTRIES
- a. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Promoter. The Promotion administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Promotion. For purposes of this Promotion, a “Day” begins at 12:00:01 a.m. CT and ends at 11:59:59 p.m.
- b. Only one winner per immediate family and household, and each person may claim no more than one winner position. If it is discovered that winners live in the same household, the last to win will be disqualified.
QUALIFIER/WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- a. All decisions of Promoter management with respect to this promotion are final.On-air winners in the KFDI Cash Trax – Fall 2018 game will be told by the DJ the amount they have won upon conclusion of the contest execution. Cash winners need to wait to be called to pick up their check. Allow 4-6 weeks for checks to arrive to KFDI. Winners will be called and asked to come pick up their check at KFDI (4200 N. Old Lawrence Rd. Wichita, KS 67219) and sign their prize winner release, W-9 and submit a copy of their drivers license. Checks will not be released to a winner until the signed documents are on file.
- b. Odds of winning the KFDI Cash Trax contest depend upon the number of phone calls received at each contest execution.Phone winners will be advised of their winning status at the time of their call. Each potential winner may be required, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a scan or photo of legal ID, Release of Liability and/or a Publicity Release before being allowed to participate in the Event. If required, all forms must be completed and returned prior to the Event. Noncompliance within this time period, failure to comply with the Official Rules (including eligibility requirements), and/or return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification. If the disqualified Qualifier entered via the Internet or on-location, an alternate potential Qualifier may be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries for that entry pool. All decisions of Promoter management with respect to the Promotion are final.
- c. Cash winners will be required to fill out a KFDI prize winner form AND a W-9 form prior to receiving their winnings. If winner fails to do so by the deadline established by Sponsor (within 30 days of winning) or fails to comply with the Official Rules (including eligibility requirements), winner will be disqualified.
- a. Cash prizes will be awarded in the form of a check from SummitMedia, LLC. All winners must sign the official KFDI prize winner form stating their winning amount and must also submit a signed W-9 in order to receive their prize winnings. Please allow 4-6 weeks for check preparation. The name & address submitted to the DJ at the time of winning will be the information used for the check. Winners will be called when checks are ready to pick up at KFDI. At that time the winner will need to sign prize winner release forms and submit a copy of their drivers license.On-air contest winners are determined by call order – caller #20 to 316-436-1013 is the winner and plays the contest. Amount of cash won is determined by the game play. $100 for each correct Cash Trax title up to a maximum of $1,000.00.
- b. Promoter is not responsible for winner’s limitations that prevent acceptance, use, or nonuse of prize. Entrants acknowledge that the Released Parties, as defined herein, have not made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranties, representations or guarantees, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties expressed or implied, in fact or in law, whether now or hereafter enacted concerning any prize, including without limitation, implied warranties of quality, merchantability, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose, except for any express manufacturer’s warranty as may be included with the prize or as may be separately provided to participants by law. Other restrictions may apply.
- c. Any prize certificates or coupons are subject to the terms and conditions as set forth by the issuer of the certificate or coupon. Such certificates and coupons are not refundable or transferable, and may not be substituted or exchanged for cash or credit at any time, nor will such certificates or coupons be replaced if unused, lost, stolen, or damaged.
- a. Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. Winner will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent including the winner’s full Social Security Number for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by Promoter in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in
disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
- b. Participating in the Promotion and acceptance of prize constitutes each entrant’s and winner’s (and guest’s where applicable) permission for the Promoter or its agents to photograph, film, record that entrant, winner, or guest and to use his or her name, city, state, voice, or likeness, and any statements made by him or her regarding the Promotion or its sponsors for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- c. By entering, participating and/or accepting a prize in the Promotion, each entrant, winner, and guest if applicable, agrees not to sue and to release, discharge, indemnify, hold harmless, and absolve the Station, the Promoter, its sponsors and promotional partners, its advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, and representatives and the successors and assigns of each of them (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, suits, losses, expenses, costs, damages, and liabilities including, without limitation, interest, penalties, court costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Promotion, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Promotion, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity, including but not limited to any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Promoter may require eligible Promotion winner for the KFDI Cash Trax, if any (as well as each of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s), if guests are under the age of majority in their state of residence), to sign a liability release confirming such consent and a publicity release.
- d. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION, OR PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED BY ENTRANT WITH REGARD TO THIS PROMOTION, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Promoter in connection with the Promotion will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Alabama, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Alabama or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Alabama. All participants and winners agree, by their participation in the Promotion, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Alabama and waive the right to contest jurisdiction.
- e. Promoter, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person (and all of their entries) from this Promotion if he or she tampers with the entry process, the operation of the Promotion, or the operation of Promoter’s web channel or is otherwise in violation of the Official Rules or direction of Promoter. Promoter further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Internet portion of Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond the Promoter’s control, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Internet portion of the Promotion as determined by Promoter in is sole discretion. If Promoter does so, Promoter will pick Internet Qualifiers by random drawing from among eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the termination and will post notice of its action on the Promotion web site. Promoter further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the telephone portion of Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond the Promoter’s control, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the telephone portion of the Promotion as determined by Promoter in is sole discretion. If Promoter does so, Promoter will not pick additional telephone qualifiers after the termination and will announce its action on air. Any attempt by an entrant or any person to deliberately damage any Promoter web channel or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Promoter reserves the right to seek full prosecution and/or damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law. Promoter’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of this provision. If due to circumstances beyond the control of Promoter, the Event is delayed, rescheduled, or postponed, Promoter reserves the right, but not the obligation, to modify or suspend the Promotion.
- f. For those viewing/listening to the Station stream on the Internet or other non-broadcast means: Please be advised that you may be listening to a delayed stream of the broadcast signal, which may vary depending on your computer’s memory capacity and your internet connection. For that reason, we strongly recommend that you turn on your radio to the Station to participate in this or any other call-in promotion to be sure you are participating in “real time.” The Station assumes no responsibility for contestants not making timely phone calls to the Station as a result of the delays in the method of viewing/listening.
- g. The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the Internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures, telephone service outages, delays, dropped calls, or busy signals; or any other difficulties that may prevent an individual from entering or participating, or (iii) lost, stolen, mangled, mis-delivered, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or late entries. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of the Grand Prize that cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disaster, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond the Station’s control. Any failure by Promoter to enforce any of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules. If there is a conflict between any term of the Official Rules and any marketing or entry materials used in connection with the Promotion, the terms of these Official Rules will govern.
- h. To obtain a copy of the Official Rules or the winner’s name following completion of the Promotion (please specify which), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) specifying “Official Rules” or “Winner Name” to KFDI Cash Trax Winner Names or Official Rules Request, 4200 N. Old Lawrence Rd. Wichita, KS 67219. A copy of the Official Rules and the winner’s name (when complete) are also available during regular business hours at KFDI 4200 N. Old Lawrence Rd. Wichita, KS 67219. All such requests must be received within 30 days following completion of the Promotion.
SummitMedia, LLC., d/b/a KFDI-FM, 4200 N. Old Lawrence Rd. Wichita, KS 67219.