Christmas In A Box
Each year, community volunteers pack holiday themed boxes to send to our Kansas troops overseas. Boxes include snack items, puzzle books, cards and holiday decorations. Boxes are packed in time for delivery to our troops before Christmas.
Here is how you can help bring a little bit of home to our local men and women serving during the holidays:
1. Collect items to fill the boxes:
Our list of suggested items is below – shop from this list. Your donated items can be dropped off at NCRI at 8447 E. 35th St. N (37th & Rock Rd. area) during regular business hours.
DIRECTIONS TO NCRI
2. Help pack boxes on Wednesday November 14th at NCRI. Volunteer spaces are FILLED
REGISTER NOW THROUGH VOLUNTEER KANSAS
3. Donate to our postage fund. Potage is now $17.40 per box.
Monetary donations can be dropped off at NCRI. You can make a check out to Volunteer Kansas and add “Christmas In a Box” in the subject line. This is very important.
4. If you’re a community business, school or individual who would like to do a donation drive for Christmas In A Box, contact Katy Timken at NCRI. Phone: 316-218-7331 between 7:30am and 5:00pm. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know you’re on board in a big way!
5. If you know a deployed soldier from Kansas who would appreciate a care package, please email their name and military address to email@example.com.
Suggested donation list:
- 1. Snack items – Microwave popcorn, Pringles in a can, pop tarts, cracker packs, ramen. (No bagged chips – they turn to dust at altitude)
- 2. Energy bars, granola bars or trail mix.
- 3. Beef Jerky
- 4. Hard candy and gum. (Non-chocolate items only)
- 5. Drink mixes & flavored coffee (No k cups)
- 6. Cards & Letters
- 7. Christmas Decorations – small in size – ornaments, lights, stockings
- 8. Entertainment items like crossword puzzles, word search or comic books
Thank you to our community sponsors: