Commissioner Selzer Recommends Quake Insurance

Renters, Homeowners Need Separate Policies

Topeka - Kansas Commissioner of Insurance, Ken Selzer, wants to remind residents of the state that earthquakes are tracked here on a weekly basis. He says that means Kansas should check on quake coverage with insurance carriers.

Selzer says some exclusions may apply to homeowners. The State Insurance Commissioner says earthquake coverage is not part of regular homeowners or renters insurance policies. Quake coverage can be added by purchasing a separate policy -- or by including an endorsement to a current policy.

Selzer recommends those with questions call the Kansas Insurance Department's Consumer Assistance Hotline at 800-432-2482.

You can also visit the website for more information

Print this article Back to Top