WICHITA, Kan. - Wichita firefighters were called to the Big Brothers Big Sisters building in downtown Wichita when an alarm went off during the noon hour Wednesday.
Smoke was coming up from the basement, and fire trucks set up along 2nd Street, east of Broadway as crews responded to the scene. Smoke was also coming from a manhole outside the building. Wichita fire battalion chief Doug Winter said it turned out to be an electrical problem in the basement that was causing the smoke.
The building was evacuated and workers were not allowed back inside for the rest of the day because of the smoke, which affected at least two floors of the building. No injuries were reported.