Non-Emergency Number Active for July 4th Holiday

Police: Don't call 911 for fireworks

Wichita - The Wichita Police Department wants you to use the non-emergency line to report fireworks noise leading up to the July 4th Holiday.

Officer Charley Davidson says that number is 290-1011.

The Sedgwick County non-emergency number is to be used for nuisances which don't pose a threat to life or property. The police want to keep emergency lines open for actual emergencies -- not fireworks complaints.

The number is in operation from 6:00 pm to 2:30 am.

Print this article Back to Top