Propane cause of house explosion in Butler County

A man was critically injured in the blast

ROSE HILL, Kan. - Authorities confirm it was a propane leak that led to an explosion Monday afternoon in Butler County.

It happened shortly before 3:30 p.m. in a home located in a subdivision northeast of Rose Hill.  Our news partners at KWCH 12 say fire officials have confirmed a propane leak inside of the home is responsible for the blast. 

A 67-year-old man was critically injured in the explosion.

Print this article Back to Top