WICHITA, Kan. - Udall in Cowley County is under a Boil Water Advisory from the Kansas Department of Health and Environment.
The advisory was issued after a water line break caused a drop in pressure. The drop in pressure can lead to a drop in chlorine residuals which help keep the water from being contaminated.
The order will remain in place until the problem is resolved and the water is safe to consume. Until then, the KDHE has the following tips:
- Boil water for one minute prior to drinking or food preparation, or use bottled water.
- Dispose of ice cubes and do not use ice from a household automatic icemaker.
- Disinfect dishes and other food contact surfaces by immersion for at least one minute in clean tap water that contains one teaspoon of unscented household bleach per gallon of water.
- Water used for bathing does not generally need to be boiled.
- Supervision of children is necessary while bathing so that water is not ingested.
- Persons with cuts or severe rashes may wish to consult their physicians.
- If your tap water appears dirty, flush the water lines by letting the water run until it clears.